Monday, September 28, 2015

Pumpkin Roll Perfection Tea

A beautiful fall day is expected here in Indiana!  The air is cool this morning with lots of beautiful sunshine!  As autumn approaches rather quickly my thoughts turn to pumpkin and all of the delicious recipes that can be made with this beautiful dark orange delight!  One of the special treats my youngest son has always liked is pumpkin roll.  That cream cheese goodness along with the spicy pumpkin taste is a great combination.  Several years ago I found a recipe in the Country Folk Art magazine.  It has long been out of production, but I still return to this recipe year after year.  Enjoy a cup of warm cider, spice tea, or cappuccino and a piece of pumpkin roll with me! 





As I gathered things for my tea today I decided to use a teapot and mugs which were a recent find at Hobby Lobby.  The teapot is vibrant in the fall colors.  I love the paisley pattern.



I already had the placemat and it seems to pick up the colors of the teapot pretty well.  I chose two mugs.  One is the same pattern as the teapot and the other in a orange geometric pattern.



I had a jar candle in a buttered maple syrup.  Is smells so good, but the jar was just plain.  I decided to decoupage it with a napkin which I found.  


It provides a warm soft glow for the tea.  I now have a designer candle for the cost of 1 paper napkin and a bit of fabric.  (not counting the cost of the candle when new.  I have found used candles at thrift stores for next to nothing.) I could see this for any sort of jar.  Sand could be added to the bottom of the jar and a tea light candle place inside.  I added a painted mason jar lid to the top.  It fit snugly around the top of the candle.




There were two fall plates in my china cabinet just waiting to be picked out for the tea party.  One is a pumpkin and the other is a squash.  

Next it was time to boil the water for the tea and slice the pumpkin roll!  I can't hardly wait to try this wonderful fall dessert.


I will post the recipe in another post..stay tuned! -You can see the recipe here. 


Have a beautiful fall week!  

I am sharing this post with the following lovely parties!

1.  Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth
2.  Rose Chintz Cottage
3.  Bernideen's Tea Time
4.  Martha's Favorites
5.  The Enchanting Rose
6.  Stonegable
7.  A Stroll Thru Life
8.  A Delightsome Life
9. Cozy Little House
10. Savvy Southern Style
11. Sew Crafty Angel
12.  Common Ground
13.  Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson












































No comments: