Monday, October 12, 2015

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies and the Recipe Box!





Raisin Oatmeal cookies and a good cup of tea or coffee!  What is there not to like about that!  This is my hubby's favorite kind of cookie.  It is chewy and very tasty. I had made some for him this weekend and decided to make a memory with the cookies and the Burgundy red mum that is in full bloom.  We are supposed to have freezing temperatures by this weekend so I am pretty sure my pretty flowers will not last much longer :(  

I don't know about you, but I still love my recipe box.  There is just something about touching recipes which have been hand written.  I have many from my mom, mother in law, and friends.  I don't want to part with it!  

Oatmeal and raisins have such a fall ring to their flavor, color, and even texture.  Paired with the colors of fall it is a real feast for the eyes!

I am still celebrating the gift that Nora from Teacup Tales gave me.  It looks so pretty with the cookies and coffee.  


What better way to relax than to be outside with a good book, thumbing through recipes, drinking tea or coffee, and just plain resting in the beauty that surrounds us. 


During my morning walk I found these maple leaves that had just turned.  Soft subtle reds and greens which are very pretty.

Have a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy a cookie with me won't you please!  Enjoy your week, Lynn

Old Fashioned Oatmeal raisin cookies.


Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
From Quaker Hill Farm

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Makes 5 dozen cookies

Ingredients

  • ¾ Cup Vegetable shortening
  • 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • ½ Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ Cup water
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 Cups oats-uncooked
  • 1 Cup all purpose flour
  • 1 Teaspoon Soda
  • 1 Cup Raisins




Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Beat together shortening, sugar, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy.  Add combined remaining ingredients.  Mix well.  

I use parchment paper on my cookie sheet, but if you elect not, grease the cookie sheet.  Drop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet 2 tablespoons or to your liking.  Make sure there is space between the cookies because they will run some during baking.  Bae for 12-15 minutes.  Tops of the cookies should be a golden brown.  Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet until they firm a bit, then place on a cooling rack until cool.   

Enjoy!  .



Linking this post to the following lovely parties




























No comments: