Monday, November 23, 2015

Bless our Home this Thanksgiving day!


As Thanksgiving quickly approaches we are asking for a special blessing of Thanksgiving on our homes and our nation.  It was a simple blessing of thanks that first Thanksgiving and at Quaker Hill Farm it will be a simple blessing of thanks also!
I plan our menu around favorites that I make every year.  So I just pull out the menu and begin!  I am trying to have the tables prepared and as much cooking out of the way as possible before Thursday.  The table will be a simple setting.



I had one lone gourd that survived the recent cold snap.  It is the focal point for the table.  It is topped with berries, leaves, and a bit of hydrangea.  The quilt has a leaf pattern which goes well with the table arrangement.


In keeping with the simple theme, I am using a paper leaf patterned napkin.  The dishes were a thrift store find!  It is a Mikasa pattern and there was 8 plates in this wheat pattern.  I paid $9.99 for the set.  There were also salad plates and soup bowls.  I was thrilled to say the least.  


A very plain simple place mat was made from a piece of card stock.  A leaf was then glued to one edge to coordinate with the table.


The Give Thanks sign was given to me from a recent teacup and mug exchange with the Enchanting Rose!  I just love it!  Thank you to Heather of Blue Jeans and Teacups!


More than the table or the food memories will be created by just being together!  Happy Thanksgiving and trust your time will be a blessing!



From Quaker Hill Farm to your Home have a WONDERFUL
THANKSGIVING!

Linking with the following lovely parties:
1.  The Scoop


No comments: