Friday, July 22, 2016

It all started with a Thrift Shop Curtain





You just never know what treasures can be found in a thrift store.  Many years ago I would have never thought about stepping foot into one, but now it is relaxing and a treasure hunt! Recently I had a tea party for my grandgirls and two of their friends.  I wanted to carry the theme of the tea party from our dining area out to the garden porch.  This fabric fit the bill!

I love the colors and texture of this fabric.  It is actually a very wide and long piece of drapery material which someone had given away.  Now it is my gain!  It makes a perfect tablecloth for only a few dollars.  


  
After I had found my treasure of fabric, I turned the corner and found the cutest little tea set.  A complete children's, made in Japan, tea set for $5.00.  It had the perfect roses to match the fabric.  This will be gifted to the grandgirls.




It never fails to amaze me how the Lord cares about the tiniest details of our lives. The candle was purchased on sale at Dollar General.  The color is almost the same as the leaf pattern in the fabric.  Little tissue paper roses were made to add a little more color to the tea set treasure.



These little roses are so easy to make.  They would also be a great addition to a gift package.



The garden porch awaits the party through the window.  
The Tea set was stacked on a cake plate and a Waverly rose print plate.  
This is a simple but unique way to carry a theme throughout your home for a children's tea party.  Thanks for looking!
Linking to the following lovely parties:
6.  The Scoop
8.  SYC







No comments: