Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Simple Joys of a Blessings Basket



I have been very inspired reading Patti's Joy in the middle blog.  She had written about taking a "traveling tea party" to a friend who had recent surgery.  Her friend was very touched by this act of kindness and I was also!  It was such an encouraging thing to do, that I wondered whom I might be able to bless. Please take the time to visit and read for yourself what an encouragement Patti has been to many people! 

   Random acts of kindness will certainly not go unnoticed. My hubby and I were the recipients of such a kindness when we were leaving to come home from Florida.  Our friends surprised us with a goodie basket for the trip!  It was wonderful.  We were able to snack popcorn, nuts, and many other goodies for quite a bit of the trip home!  It was so appreciated.  A big thanks to Jo and Dave.  

In my quiet time, I have been asking (praying) for a special person to come to mind that I might be able to fix a "Basket Blessing" and indeed, someone was brought to mind!  So now on to pay it forward!

Next, what should I put in this basket?  What did I have in my hand?  LOTS of veggies and flowers came to mind.  As you can see from the previous post about baskets, I certainly had one to use.  It was all coming together!  The zinnias are still so pretty right now.  


Dollar General has some pretty vinyl cloths in fall colors.  This one cost $1.00.  The cloth was placed in the basket and then filled with tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers. 



I had made a Maple butter icing pumpkin bread.  It is a delicious recipe.  I had a few mini tins and made three loaves and one large loaf.  One of the loaves was added to the basket.  

I just love it when things come together!  I had been needing to use the pumpkin puree I had frozen and came across this recipe!  It is delicious.  Joann fabrics had the "Fresh made Just for you" bags on sale in their fall items.  It was perfect to slip the pumpkin bread inside!  
My dilemma was a vase for the flowers.  I did not want this person to feel at all obligated to return the vase.  I had this spaghetti sauce bottle saved back and again eureka!  Instant vase.  A strip of green gingham ribbon was tied around the bottle and the flowers added.  An abundance of veggies from the garden was the main focus!



"How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it."  George Elliston  

This has been so much fun to do and cost very little money!  I really can't wait to give it away.  What joy it is to see what "is in my hand."  I am a firm believer that NO act of kindness is ever wasted!  Have a beautiful day my friends!



A special thanks to Patti for the inspiration!

Linking to the following lovely parties:
1.  Shabbilicious Friday
2.  Feathered Nest Friday
3.  Simple and Sweet Fridays
4.  Home Sweet Home
5.  Grace at Home
6.  thoughts of Home
7.  Foodie Friday
8.  Five Star Frou Frou
9.  Dishing it and Digging it
10.  Busy Monday
11.  The Art of Homemaking Mondays
12.  Cooking and Crafting with J&J
13.  Monday of Many Blessings
14.  No Place Like home
15.  Met Monday
16.  The Scoop
17.  Wow us Wednesdays
18.  Wonderful Wednesday
19.  Home and Garden Thursday
20.  Share Your Cup Thursday
21Share it One More time

Post a Comment