Monday, August 17, 2015

Sweet Dreams! Bedtime Tea

I wanted to relax before retiring for the night and chamomile tea helps!  As you can see from other posts I have been painting our gathering family room.  I have found many things "hidden" in cabinets and drawers that I had not seen for awhile.  I love to use the unexpected for common items.  I found in my treasures this vintage hand stitched quilted picture in a very heavy old barn frame.  It seems to fit right it with the things in the family room..sooo I thought I might try to use it has a tea tray for my night time tea.  





The colors are my favorite!  The new found "tray" is probably vintage 1970's is my guess.  



It certainly is large enough  to sit on my ottoman and hold all the goodies!  I also found a vintage oil and vinegar set.  I used one of them for my flowers...a girl must have flowers with her tea!



The Teapot I have had for a long time.  It has a Rooster embossed on the front.  Not the right time of day for roosters, but love that red!



MUCH  to my pleasant surprise I found a redware plate with one of my favorite sayings, "Home is where the heart is."  




My little teacup is a hand thrown piece of pottery that has a sweet little flower on the front.  The inside is glazed a cobalt greenish glaze. 



Since it is late I chose to eat just a very light snack of grapes, a few strawberries, and cheese.  It did hit the spot!





Sweet dreams!







I am linking this post to Rose Chintz cottage Tea Time Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday

Lehman Lane:
Dream. Create. Inspire

Savvy Southern Style
Wow us Wednesdays

Martha's Favorites
Martha's Favorites

My Romantic Home:
Show and Tell Friday

Stonegable:
The Scoop

A Stroll Thru Life:
Inspire Me Tuesday

The Enchanting Rose:
Roses of Inspiration

A Delightsome Life
A Return to Loveliness


12 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

That does look like a recipe for sweet dreams. Lovely tea! Thanks for the visit!

quakerhillfarm said...

Blessings! Have a great day! Lynn

Sandi Magle said...

So much fun to see hand crafted items used as vintage today. I was a potter from 1970 until 2008, and did as many as 30 Art/Craft shows a year. So many talented people sharing products from their hearts and hands, now replaced by imports. You couldn't have made me smile more. I hope my vintage country pottery has found a place on someone's vintage table.

quakerhillfarm said...

Oh that is such a fine art! I love to watch art being made at the wheel! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings, Lynn

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love the red teapot! Cheese and fruit sounds perfect before bedtime {or anytime for me.}. Handcrafted items have a charm all their own. I did tole and ceramics for a number of years and it was always a thrill for me to gift a piece to someone special. Thanks for sharing and joining me for Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

Your bedtime tea is the perfect way to destress and get a good night's sleep!

quakerhillfarm said...

Thank you Sandi for your kind comments! You are always so gracious! Have a great week Lynn

quakerhillfarm said...

Thank you Margie! Yes I did rest well! Not sure if it was the tea or just the fact I was really tired! LOL

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love your post today. It all looks so happy. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

quakerhillfarm said...

Thank you Martha! It really was a blessing!

Maria said...

Thanks sweetie, for sharing this on Dream Create and Inspire. So pretty!
Maria

quakerhillfarm said...

Thank you Maria for such kind comments. Lynn