Friday, August 19, 2011

Making the Old New once again

I enjoy a challenge.  I don't think one ever gets too old to learn something new or try something new.  My challenge this summer has been to make my swing set a new outfit.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show what the swing canopy looked like before the transformation.  I wanted a fabric to blend in with the patio and flowers and found this Waverly Black outdoor print with the companion green fabric.  
I actually started the project 4th of July week-end and was able to complete the canopy.  The swing cushions had been placed on the back burner until I had time to work on it.  This last week I decided "This was IT!  I was getting it done."
Here are some pics of the finished product.  It was a first attempt at anything like this, and it suits me, so I guess that is OK.  






Thanks for taking a peek at my summer project!  Blessings.  

I am linking to Romantic homes show and tell with this post.  .

No comments: