Saturday, February 2, 2013

...But the Greatest of these is Love...

 I found today to be snowy and rather dreary.  I decided to get ready for Valentine's day by changing the mantel above our fire place.  I added a chalk board and wrote "...But the Greatest of these is love..."  I made the fabric hearts a couple of years ago and added some pretty roses to them.  A candle with great colors of pink, red and fuschia was purchased from Dollar General.
Vintage looking Valentine cards were added to the vignette.

 It all adds pretty colors to this drab day!  I worked on the kitchen area also.  My wash tubs are so versatile.  A Valentine Banner was hung on the window.  The large lattern has been filled with a shimmery red heart, pink roses, and an old fashioned lantern.  On the little red child's hutch sits a Valentine girl with a white dress and red polka dots.  Another copy of a Vintage Valentine was copied and added to the scene.







Trust your day has been filled with love and happiness!

Linking to Cindy's Romantic Home and Pink Saturday with this post.

1 comment:

Annesphamily said...

OH I like this look! I love the little girl figure! What a sweet delightful treat before i retire for the evening! Have a great week and thanks for the share! HPS! Stay warm and cozy! Your mantel looks terrific!