Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A New Year~New Goals and Blessings


You might wonder what Caramel corn has to do with making goals for the new year.  




It has been proven, myself included, that if one sets both long term and short term goals which are measurable one is much more productive.  Since I have retired I thought maybe it might not be as important to do so, but to the contrary.  I have found if I don't have goals and a plan, my days just kind of flutter away.   So as the new year dawns I am setting aside time to write down a plan for 2016.  


With notebook in hand, I have dedicated a page to each of seven different areas.  1.  Spiritual  2.  Personal  3.  Family  4.  Home 5.  Financial  6.  Gardening  7.  Blogging  I placed blogging last intentionally.  I don't want that to interfere with the other goals.  As I have time I plan to devote a portion of each day to this creative outlet.     


One of my personal goals is to try and bless someone every day.  One of our sons and his family will be making a trip home.  The flight will be lengthy.  I had found this recipe for Caramel corn so it will be given to them in individual bags for the journey.  It may not be much but hopefully it will remind them that I do care about them and will bless them.  A blessing can be unexpected or planned.  Many time it does not take much.  A kind and encouraging word or even a smile can be a blessing.  I trust that daily in 2016 there will be an opportunity each day to bless someones life.  





Even popcorn can be a blessing!  Are you setting goals for 2016?  I would love to hear about it if you are!  



Linking to the following lovely parties!

Share Your Cup Thursday

Wow us Wednesdays

Shabbilicious Friday

Feathered Nest Friday

Home Sweet Home









No comments: