Monday, July 20, 2015

Making the ordinary beautiful!

So glad you stopped to see what I have been up to this week.  A sweet neighbor gave us peaches!  Oh did they ever taste good!  She does not use any chemicals on her tree and they were just still absolutely lovely!  One of my favorite pies is peach.  This seemed to be a good opportunity to use these lovelies. 


I also found this cute little container for some of the flowers from my garden.  Thought it made a nice contrast with the peaches.  I love to find the beauty in the very simple things.  The colors of the peaches are just beautiful!  Take a peek at these lovely peaches and the finishing touch!















It was hard not to just leave them sitting out, but as you can see they were needing tender loving care!  




Keeping with the theme of making the ordinary pretty, I found a piece of scrapbook paper and hand wrote my Pie recipe.  














The peaches are now peeled and sliced with the goodies placed in the bowl.  







The pie crust has been made the peaches placed inside.  The dough strips have been placed in the criss cross fashion.  


  


Into the oven it goes for 45 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.

And TA DA!  The finished pie ready for a hungry husband!




Have a ordinary beautiful day!  Blessings to you from Quaker Hill Farm!!

Joining with Stonegable and the Scoop, A Stroll Thru Life, and Dream. Create. Inspire,  Share your Style, the Charm of Home, and My Romantic Home

Stonegable: The Scoop

A Stroll Thru Life: Inspire me Tuesday

Dream. Create. Inspire

Common Ground: Share your style

Charm of Home

Show and Tell Friday



No comments: