Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pretty Pink Homemade Laundry Soap

I have been making my own laundry soap for awhile now.  I love how clean, white, and fresh things smell after using this recipe.  The total cost, depending where you live is between $10.00 and $12.00.  I purchased the washing soda and Borax from Rural king and the Zote soap from a ethnic grocery store.  The Zote soap is such a pretty pink color.  It costs $1.19, which is a real buy!  The cost is approximately 8 and 1/2 cents per load with an average of 150 loads.  It takes approximately 2 tablespoons/load and works well in hard water.  Please enjoy the photos of my "Pretty in Pink Laundry soap!  Happy pink Saturday...I am linking to How Sweet the sound again this Saturday..."














Directions: 
1. Gather your supplies.
2.  1 Bar of Zotes Soap, 1 box of 20 Mule Team Borax, and 1 box of Washing Soda.
3.  Grate 1 bar of the zote soap into a mixing bowl.  Add the borax and the washing soda.  MIx well and store in a container with a tight fitting lid.  For a really natural rinse add 1 cup of white vinegar to your final rinse water. 




Post a Comment