Monday, October 19, 2015

In the Shadow of the Vintage Sewing Machine-a sweet Tea!



I have a long heritage of seamstresses in my family.  My two Aunties, as a gift, gave me Singer Sewing lessons when I was 9 years old.  So I too have a long history of sewing.  My Grandmother was a very accomplished seamstress as well as both of my Aunties. 

With a love for all things Vintage I was on the quest of a vintage sewing machine.  I unfortunately was not able to obtain my Grandmothers, but I found one that reminds me of her talent.  
It has a place in one corner of our garden room.  It reminds me so much of the rich family heritage that I have.  Living in the shadow of such great women is an awesome inheritance and I do love to sew.  As a teenager I made all of my own clothes.  Seems now it is hard to even find the time to sew, but I still do love it and to design clothing with a vintage flair.  
 The machine no longer works, but when the grand kids come to visit they still like to move the treadle up and down.  




 I have seen pictures of my Grandmother wearing a hat.  Maybe that is where I get my love for hats, I am not sure.  The pink hat near the tea cup is covered with vintage pink and peach flowers.  I display the teacups proudly because I can imagine her at her machine sipping tea as she made beautiful garments.  



I have an old antique mannequin which displays a sweet Vintage dress behind the machine.  

For tea today I have arranged pieces that reflect my love for vintage.  I found them several years ago and still have a great affection for the soft black, pink and of course red colors. 


The vintage light casts a soft shadow over the tea.  




It just all seems to fit together.  Tea, vintage lace, sewing, and talk of family heritage and traditions.  I would love to hear your stories over a cup of tea!  ...Under the Shadow of His wings and a rich family heritage... Blessings today, Lynn




I am linking this post to the following lovely parties:

1. The Scoop
2.  Inspire Me Tuesday
3.  Friends Sharing Tea
4.  Share it One More Time
5.  Martha's Favorites
6.  Tea Time Tuesday
7.  Wow us Wednesdays
8.  Wake up Wednesday
9.  A Return to Loveliness
10.  Share Your cup Thursday
11.  Dream. Create. Inspire
12.  Feathered Nest Friday
13.  Shabbilicious Friday
14.  Imparting Grace
15.  Simple and Sweet Fridays
16.  Home Sweet Home


















No comments: