Friday, October 2, 2015

The Gentle Side of Fall -Stylin the Pumpkin Tea



To be very honest I have never been very fond of white pumpkins.  This year however I may have just changed up my mind!  (As my kids used to say)  I found the cutest small white pumpkin shape at our local orchard and decided to try painting one.  I have seen all kinds of white and orange pumpkins painted.  I debated about a black and white check one but then was working in the flowers and decided to try a softer look.  My roses and white daisy mums are just really pretty right now and this provided the inspiration.  The flowers are always  the prettiest right before the frost!

She has a cute little figure and doesn't really set square but that is OK makes her unique!




Her side was just perfect for painting.  The pumpkin is smooth and easy to paint on, I was surprised!  The colors blend nicely.  



I have an old vintage metal tray which has hand painted daises on it.  It sits atop a bamboo looking metal stand.  It makes a pretty setting near the white daisy mums.  The garden is still full of blooms.  With my handy scissors I snipped away, making a bouquet for the top of the pumpkin.  The pumpkin painting was sealed with a clear coat of varnish.







The teapot and cup were chosen as well as an old piece of vintage crochet in a creamy tan color.  A trip to the flower bed was at hand.  

What is it about the outside that just makes everything look soft and beautiful?

There is just nothing quite like the natural sunlight!


Now it is time to relax and have a warm cup of tea!  The weather is cool here today so this will be pretty tasty!  Have a beautiful gentle fall day!  Blessings, Lynn
Enjoy the beauty that is around you!




I am linking this post to the following lovely parties!

1.  Shabbilicious Friday
2.  Home and Garden Thursday
3.  Home Sweet Home
4.  Simple and Sweet Fridays
5.  Feathered Nest Friday
6.  Grace at Home
7.  The Art of Homemaking Mondays
8.  Met Monday
9.  Share it One more time
10.  Tea Time Tuesday
11.  Friends Sharing Tea
12.  The Scoop
13.  Inspire me Tuesday
14.  Roses of Inspiration
15.  Wow us Wednesdays
16.  Tweak it Tuesday
17.  Wake up Wednesday
18. Dream. Create. Inspire
19.  Pumpkin Palooza



No comments: