Friday, October 2, 2015

My Creative Friend!


When I started thinking about friends and family who have impacted my life along the way I decided I wanted to share a little bit about these special folks!  As the old saying goes iron sharpens iron and those that come into our lives helps to define who we are.  When I think back about my life, I have met some wonderful and creative people.  I have always said it is never an accident who the Lord allows into our circle.  Each one holds a special place in my life and have inspired me or sometimes reproved me in some way.  

I would like to introduce you to one of my creative friends!  We won't say how far back we go, but lets just say friends just get sweeter as the years go by!  Cathy is by far one of the most talented people I know.  If she wants to create something or learn something new nothing will stop her.  One of her most recent endeavors is using a loom.  She is creating her own dyes and using them in her projects.  You might see her transforming her home and garden into a work of art or using her imagination to create something truly remarkable.  Take a peek with me into a bit of where and what she creates.  




Her space is also quite unique.  She calls this her cabin.  It houses the loom, her dyes, and the materials she uses to make the dried flower wreaths and potpourri. She also dyes the materials for her homespun yarn and fabrics.  The dried flowers look just yummy!  I bet they smell as wonderful as they look!







Here she is using the loom.  What a beautiful rich blue color that is!



She told me she has been drying her flowers all summer to use in her wreaths.  This one is just gorgeous on the dutch blue door.  


Friends help to define who we are.  Sharing creative ideas and learning from one another makes for an inspiring life!  


Cathy is also a talented artist.  I had asked her to paint this fireplace screen for me from a picture I had seen, and she did!  I still love it to this day.  (Of course you knew I would have to sneak a little red into the post!)  

Looking at her posts on Facebook, she is also a very talented photographer.  She has taken great pics of her gardens and the area in which she lives.




Soon it will be time for the Parke County Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana.  If you get a chance it is a great place to see many wonderful artisans, beautiful fall scenery, plus lots of covered bridges!  Who knows you might just run into my sweet friend!  Thanks Cathy for sharing your talents!  You have definitely enriched and inspired my life along the way!   

My plan is to feature friends and family who have impacted me along this journey called life!  

I am sharing this post with the following lovely parties.




No comments: