Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Garden Porch Tea & Cherry Turnovers


Please come for tea!  Just you and me.  We will laugh and talk and renew a friendship from long ago.  I have made fresh cherry turnovers to enjoy on the garden porch that will just melt in your mouth.
As our table, we will use the old faded blue wooden chair.  It is so quaint and makes a great conversation starter for our tea party.


Not only do we share our love for tea, but the recipe is shared just as our sweet friendship.


We are using a flow blue china plate and teapot to accent the cherry turnover.  For just a bit of color, the rose napkin and teacup add just the right pop.

Shabbilicious Friday


Thank you so much for joining me today!  This turnover, I must say, is probably one of the best recipes I have ever tried.  The crust is so flaky and moist it literally melts in your mouth.  It is no secret I love Pinterest.  As I was perusing the other day I found this with a pie dough crust.  It takes 10 tablespoons of butter and shortening, so no wonder it is flaky.  Please find the link here to this great recipe.  Mine does not look as neat as the recipe pic, but I love how the pinkish red color peeks through the crust.  Enjoy!

Linking to the following lovely parties:




No comments: