Friday, January 14, 2011

Stained Glass

I love stained glass! Especially from old churches. A few years ago I made curtains for my son's home. In return he gave me a piece of stained glass which he and his wife had purchased. As I understand its history, it did come from an old church. There was a piece which was broken, so I found a maker of stained glass close to where we live and he was able to repair this beauty for me. He really did a beautiful job with the repair and now you can't even see it. It has lovely pink and green tones and that old half moon shape with the chippy white paint is so neat. Every time I look at this it brings a smile and sense of peace.   In the last pic is an old watering can which belonged to my grandfather.  I gave it  a new look and it is placed near the stained glass!  I am linking to Romantic Homes beautiful site for this post!  Happy day









1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I am also a fan of stained glass. The colors are so intense - and peaceful. Check out my blog

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/01/angel-window.html