Friday, March 18, 2011

Romantic Pink Spring Renewal

I had this grapevine wreath with a few of the flowers on it for quite awhile.  I had found it at the Goodwill for about $2.00.  Wanting a new look for the window, I started looking around my home to see what I had in my hand that I could re-purpose. 


The hydrangeas  and some of the fill flowers were already on the wreath, as well as the pretty pink ribbon.  I then started to tuck smaller flowers around the hydrangeas.  The first hydrangea was placed at the 3:00 position. 
Next the ivy was placed at the 12:00 position.  I let the Ivy cascade down over the wreath.  Tucking tulips at various positions (2:00, 7:00, and 8:00) around the wreath was next on the agenda.

Wire your little bunny, or whatever you might choose, so that she is sitting on top of the lower bed of flowers.  Encircle your wreath with pretty lights.  It is now ready to display where ever you would choose.  I like to have a focal point in my dining area and have chosen an old wash tub with lids as the backdrop to create vignettes.  I am starting to think spring, so have added a few of my treasures to the grouping. 








Supplies:
1. grapevine wreath
2. Cascade of silk green IVY
3. Bunch of Silk tulips
4. Hydrangea flowers
5. Other fill in flowers of your choice to match your project
6. Silk ribbon-pink of course
7. Florist wire
8. Pretty little white lights, or the new silicone covered lights (That is what is pictured here.)
It is so much fun to re-purpose what you already have in your hand!  Happy creating....


I am linking this post to Romantic homes show and tell and Beverly's Pink Saturday.  Thanks to both for hosting these great sites!



I am linking to Romantic homes show and tell with this post.  .

I am linking to Pink Saturday with this post. Please join me in seeing these great pink posts!








6 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

So pretty ! Your home looks so inviting too. Happy Pink Saturday!

Rhonda said...

Love your blog...everything is absolutely gorgeous! I am amazed at all the beautiful pink items you posted!
I am your newest follower! Looking forward to getting to know you! I hope you will drop by my blog sometime!
Happy Pink Saturday!

~~~rhonda~~~

Self Sagacity said...

I like how you broke it up, nice to see them up close.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just love your spring wreath!

Last Monday I did a tutorial on a pink party favor which you might enjoy.

Happy Pink Saturday!

jeanne said...

This is a beautiful redo for spring. it is perfect in your display. Warm, festive and inviting. I am loving it!!!
Hugs, Jeanne

Lynn said...

Hi, I am another Lynn, lol. Many of us in blogland. Beautiful pictures. I truly love the wreath, the table with the lamp, the wreath, the curtains. Looks so homey and inviting. I could just cuddle up in your home and stay awhile, lol. That is a high compliment from me. Blessings on your week.