Monday, August 15, 2011

On the Menu Monday-The week of August 15, 2011



This is my first post to Menu Monday.  I agree with so many others who have written that having a written menu for the week makes me feel so much more organized.
For this week:

Monday:  Taco Potatoes, salad (fresh from the garden,) and Cherry crisp.
Tuesday: Bacon and tomato sandwiches and sliced green peppers
Wednesday: Chicken Stir Fry: Use veggies from the garden
Thursday: Hamburgers, Oven fried Potatoes, and sliced tomatoes.
Friday: Spaghetti, Salad, and homemade bread sticks
Saturday: Italian Chicken Salad
Sunday: Pepper steak (put in the oven while at church,) Baked Potatoes, and Chocolate Cake with Strawberries.

Taco Potatoes:  This is GREAT for left over Taco meat
Slice 2 or 3 potatoes very thin.

Add enough oil of your choice.  I use a cast iron skilled to cook mine.  I love the way cast iron browns.  The heat does NOT have to be turned up as high either.  Place in a pre-heated oven of 425 degrees.  Let cook until golden brown. 
Place the taco meat over the top of the potatoes and then cover with cheddar cheese.  Approximately 1 cup.
Bake until cheese has melted and bubbly:  approximately 10-15 minutes
Serve immediately.  I serve a fresh garden salad along side.



Thanks for stopping by.  I am linking to Stonegable's Menu Monday.  





StoneGable

No comments: