Thursday, September 17, 2015

Au Naturel-Tablescape Centerpiece!


Lovely Sedum Flowers!  I always hate to see their beautiful fall colors go away.   They are a succulent and have very tough stem.  There are so many beautiful colors and September is when they are their most brilliant.  What better way to preserve them than to do an everlasting arrangement for your table. The imagery and the memory of their colors will last for your meal and many days ahead.  What better way to say Welcome to our Home! 

I gathered several dried blooms from other plants and then cut several stalks of the Sedum.  I used what "I had in my hand," Sedum, Russian sage, dried black eyed Susans, bits of mums, Tansy and whatever else looked like it would work.




I found a grapevine wreath which had been used for another project and decided this was the look I wanted for the base. 



The Sedum's stems are pretty sturdy.  I just started pushing them down into the wreath until I had a pleasing arrangement to my eye.  Then I added little wisps of the Russian sage and small other littler flowers.  


I let the colors of the arrangement dictate the tablecloth.  I have a quilt which blends in very well with the colors of the arrangement.  The quilt was placed on the table in anticipation of the flowers.


I wanted to give the arrangement a little height and found this oval shaped basket in my stash with the perfect colors.  And to my great surprise the wreath arrangement fit perfectly around the top edge!




 I placed a bowl upside down in the center of the basket and then added my favorite candle and hurricane glass holder.








This centerpiece would wow your dinner guests I am sure!  













I chose some dishes that I have on hand to add to the table.  


I like the edges of the plates and salad bowls.  I plan on making an oatmeal cake for our dessert.  The napkins remind me of that.  They are a natural loose weave oatmeal color.

 I chose a simple brown edge plate to go under the salad plate and bowl.  Also the cups are mismatched hand made pottery.










 I chose two hand towels that a friend had made for me.  They both have a paisley fabric that coordinates pretty well with the plates and tablecloth.



It is always fun to me to see what I have available to create a memorable dinner for my husband.  Who better to please than our family!  I think the oatmeal cake will be a hit!  It is one of his favorites.  I will provide the recipe in another post!  

Thanks for looking and hopefully this has given some inspiration to go out to the garden and snip off some of those beautiful blooms and make a memory today!  
Blessings!  Lynn

I am sharing this post with these lovely parties.

The Lovely Stephanie, Of The Enchanting Rose, featured our Recipe for Apple Dumplings!  Thank you so very much!  

The Enchanting Rose

1.  Must Love Home
Friday Favorites
2. The Charm of Home
Home Sweet Home
3.  Between Naps on the Porch
Tablescape Thursday
4.  Rooted in Thyme
Simple and Sweet Fridays
5.  A Delightsome Life
Home and Garden Thursday
6.  The City of Creative Dreams
The Beautifully Creative Inspired
7.  Shabby Art Botique
Shabbilicious Friday
8. Strangers &Pilgrims on Earth
The Art of Homemaking Mondays
9.  The Enchanting Rose
Roses of Inspiration
10. Stonegable
The Scoop
11. A Stroll Thru Life
Inspire Me Tuesday
12. Savvy Southern Style
Wow us Wednesdays
13. Lehman Lane
Dream. Create. Inspire
14. Sew Crafty Angel
Wake up Wednesday Linky party
15.  Common Ground
Share Your Style
16.  Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Share Your Cup Thursday



No comments: