Thursday, September 3, 2015

Dreaming of a Farm House Bed and Breakfast!

I suppose I have never fully grown up.  That is why I like Tea Parties, dressing up, and pretending with my grandkids!  So I guess this post goes right along with that!   I have been dreaming about a Farm House Bed and Breakfast and most usually if you had a Farm House you had lots of animals.  We always had chickens and roosters when I was growing up here at Quaker Hill farm.  Those are very vivid memories of my childhood.  Mom taking care of the chickens from baby chicks, gathering eggs, and plucking the feathers off of the chickens that she would ummm take care of :( Always made me shudder!) 

I can just imagine inviting guests to stay in our bed and breakfast and greeting them with a hearty breakfast or meal and a lovely table setting.  So Welcome to Quaker Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast!
(Maybe some day, until then I will pretend, greet and hopefully bless those that stay under our roof!)





It seems we would have lots of guests at our home during the summer months when I was young and especially at this time of the year.  One of mom's special confections was Angel Food Cake.  She would gather fresh eggs and as I recall it took a dozen of them to make the cake.  It was so high and fluffy!  That would make a great treat for my bed and breakfast!


The Farm sign helps to tie this all together!  I love the rustic down home feel.  The barn certainly goes right along with the look.  The Rooster stands proud and tall looking over his kingdom.  I have had near misses with roosters in the past.  




I placed a quilt for the table cloth.  The rich colors make me think of the fall that will soon be here.



I have had the dishes and place mats for a long time.  I believe they are a Park design.


The flowers have been growing outside all summer.  They look pretty good sitting near this old guy!  Notice the barn between the flowers and rooster.  It is an old hot iron that belonged to my grandmother.  I received it has a gift.  A local artist had painted the barn scene on it.  







Thinking about the old farm and what I would like to share takes me back to a time when we could go outside at night and catch lightning bugs.  We would sit around a camp fire and look up into the beautiful starry sky wondering just wondering.  We always had company for Sunday dinner after church.  You never missed church either.  My mom always said I would invite people to come to our house and she didn't even know for sure if there was enough food, but she never turned them or me down!  She always showed great hospitality!

We had friends and relatives who would stay with us even though our home was very meager.  I never felt poor although I am sure my parents did not have a lot in the way of material goods we had lots of fun and always felt loved.  


Well enough dreaming for one day!  Thanks for stopping by and looking at my pretend Bed and Breakfast here at Quaker Hill Farm!  Blessings!  

Linking to these great parties!

1.  Friday Favorites-Must Love Home
Friday Favorites
2. The Charm of Home
Home Sweet Home
3. Between Naps on the Porch
Tablescape Thursday
4.  Rattlebridge Farm
Foodie Friday
5.  Rooted In Thyme
Simple and Sweet Fridays
6.  Stonegable
The Scoop
7. A Delightsome Life
A Return to Loveliness
8.  The Enchanting Rose
Roses of Inspiration
9.  Lehman Lane
Dream. Create. Inspire
10. Savvy Southern Style
Wow us Wednesdays
11. An Extraordinary Day
Project Inspired
12.  Common Ground
Share Your Style
13. Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Share Your Cup Thursday


No comments: