Tuesday, November 3, 2015

~Dedicating November~ A Time of Thanks!

 

 I plan to dedicate the month of November to thankfulness.  I have so many things to be thankful for!  Every day I plan to write down 10 things for which I am thankful.  To many times I have skipped right over Thanksgiving in preparation for Christmas.  Not so this year.  I plan to make our home a haven of thankfulness.  I have used this vintage double washer in our kitchen dining area for a long time.  It is a perfect table to display vignettes.  It will be the center of attention for Thanksgiving this year. 


Giving thanks does not always come naturally.  Many times I would just like to complain about whatever the problem is at the moment.  The Thanksgiving arrangement is in all of the beautiful colors of fall.  The rose reminds me of the tremendous love that the Lord has for me.  
I am thankful for the opportunities that have come my way.  The recent teacup exchange with the Enchanting Rose was a true blessing!  The "Give Thanks" sign was part of that exchange.  So very thoughtful!  The little pilgrims remind me of the tremendous sacrifice that was given to forge their way to a new land to worship as they chose.
The bars of this chair remind me that I should never take for granted the freedoms that I do have and to be thankful and cherish them daily!  So many in so many lands do NOT have this freedom.

I am truly thankful for the people that are in my life.  My husband, children, grandchildren, and friends.  They are a true gift.  One to never be taken for granted.  






 I am thankful for the wondrous beauty that is all around us.  

The art form of blogging has also been a blessing.  It has been great to once again share ideas and see the many creative talents that are in this medium.  

Being thankful today!  Blessings to you, Lynn

I am also thankful to Mimi at Five Star Frou Frou for featuring the Apple/Pear Tea.
Jes at The Art of Homemaking Mondays for featuring the Apple/Pear Tea!  
What a blessing both of these ladies are to me!  




Linking this post with the following lovely parties:

1.  The Scoop












No comments: