Sunday, November 1, 2015

Laundry Days~the pretty Way!


Why should laundry day with all of those dirty clothes have to be~well~dirty.  Why not make it as pretty as possible.  I have been making my own laundry detergent for many years.  You can see how I make it here.  I love that it saves me a lot of money first of all but also it gives a great satisfaction.  It cleans well and is very economical.  I wanted to make a new container for keeping the dry powder once it is made so a came up with another pretty but inexpensive solution.



First a trip to the Dollar General. This box immediately caught my eye.  It is a very heavy weight box with a Velcro snap lid.  Most of all I love the colors!



I gathered my supplies.  Borax, Washing soda, Zote, and Fels-Naptha soap.  I have been using a combination of Zote and Fels-Naptha for a bit now.



I made a bag for the soap out of a heavy weight Osnaburg fabric.  A pretty piece of lace was added to the top and then a casing and pretty soft ribbon was made to tie the bag.



Mix up the soap and then place it in a plastic bag.  I actually used two bags since it what I had on hands.  They are a pretty color and smell nice also.  



Another unconventional use for a teacup makes a nice scoop for the soap.  It was placed inside in the soap mixture.  Now every time the bag is opened it is a pretty picture!




Place the plastic and the soap mixture inside the new bag which has been made and you have made a pretty experience for doing the laundry which will last a long time!  






Close up of the bag.


House work does not have to be a drudgery!  I try to make every day a beautiful experience even in the simple things such as laundry!  Have a wonderfully beautiful wash day!  

Linking to the following lovely parties.

1.  A Tray of Bliss
2.  The Scoop
3.  Inspire Me Tuesday
4.  A Return to Loveliness
5.  Met Monday
6.  The Art of Homemaking Mondays
7.  No Place Like Home
8.  Wow us Wednesday
9.  Wake up Wednesday
10.  Bernideen's Tea time, Cottage, and Garden Party
11.  Share Your Cup Thursday
12.  Dream. Create. Inspire
13.  Feathered Nest Friday
14.  Home sweet Home
15.  Shabbilicious Friday
16.  Grace at Home
17.  Simple and Sweet Fridays
















No comments: