Monday, December 21, 2015

Family~Life's greatest Blessing


What greater blessing in life than family.  I can't really think of any.  As I was preparing treats and baking for Christmas, many memories of Christmas past flooded my mind.  I always baked cookies with my own mother for Christmas.  We would then divide them and give them away.  I found several of her old cookie cutters and a few new ones to make the cookies this year.  What a joy it is to share treats with others.  A new recipe for Mocha adds a great sweet touch!  My hubby even likes it which says a lot.  He is not a fan of flavored coffee but this was a hit with him also!  A good friend gave me this time tested sugar cookie recipe and it is always a hit. 




I also discovered a great way to decorate sugar cookies by using a paint brush.  This technique was shared on the Shabby Art Boutique.  If you have never visited her site it is a wonderful place!  It is full of inspiration.  




One of my favorite pillows has the saying "Family Life's greatest blessing" embroidered on it.  What a great reminder!






As I finish my baking for Christmas I am sending a little love, peace, and goodwill!  Enjoy!


French Mocha Coffee
From Quaker Hill Farm

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: Long enough to heat
Makes 10-12 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 and ½ Quarts of Strong coffee of your choice
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2 cups French Vanilla Creamer
  • 2 Packet of Hot chocolate mix
  • 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla
  • 2 Quarts Milk


Directions

  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Heat until desired temperature or may be served cold.
  3. Can add a dollop of whipped cream on top of each cup with a drizzle of chocolate if desired!

Enjoy!!


Sugar cookies
From Quaker Hill Farm

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Makes 5 dozen cookies

Ingredients

  • 3 Cups Flour
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ¼ Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 ¼  Cups of sugar
  • 1 Cup shortening
  • 3 Eggs

Icing:
  • 1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon vanilla
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon to 1 ½ tablespoon Milk


Directions

  1. Sift dry ingredients together, add shortening, mixing in with a fork.  
  2. Add unbeaten eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.
  3. Roll out on a floured board and cut with floured cookie cutter.
  4. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet in moderate oven at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
  5. Let cool thoroughly and then ice as desired.  

Enjoy!!

Linking to the following lovely parties:

1.  BTTCG
4.  The Scoop




































No comments: