Monday, February 29, 2016

The Beautiful Truth of Thrift & Dollar Stores


There is a beautiful truth about living life for less.  One can still have beauty on the cheap.  My first thoughts were to find a chair at the local thrift market to make a garden planter, but once it was painted I just couldn't bring myself to take it outdoors.  Here is the story of the thrift find and dollar store.  The budget I had set for the spend was no more than $5.00 for the chair and $10.00 for the wreath.  





Just amazing finds can be found at our local thrift store.  I had looked all around the store and had not found what I was looking for and then just about when I was ready to leave I spied this in the very back of the store.  The manager happened to be standing close by and he told me the price...you guessed it $5.00!!  SOLD!!

Now for what to do with it.  The seat is a very heavy cane.  The back was in need of some repair but basically still very good.  

It was painted in favorite colors.  Orange, willow green, red, aqua, and teal were painted on various surfaces.  The dark teal is a chalk paint which went on very smoothly.  
My goal was to make the wreath so it could be used outdoors.  I did not want to spend more than $10.00.  Off to the dollar store to see what I could find.  The  new spring colors had just arrived.  I was able to find 6 bunches of flowers, the wreath, and 2 spools of ribbon, and the butterfly hanger for exactly 10 bucks!  









The butterfly hanger fit pretty well on the chair.  The top hook was placed over the top of the wreath and the bottom holds the lower edge of the wreath.  After this was added I just could NOT bring myself to place it outside.  So, I started looking around for a place inside.  This now has found its final home near the buffet side table!












I am once again on the search for a chair I can use as a planter!  Oh well, just another good excuse to go to the thrift store and dollar store!  Thinking Spring!!...stay tuned

Linking to the following lovely parties!

2.  The Scoop
5.  BTTCG






















No comments: