Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Homemade Window Cleaner~Pinterest does it again!!



It never fails to amaze me how one project always leads to another.  As I was knocking on my own front door to start the cleaning and purging process of our home, the front door glass and window were noticeably dirty.  Just the day before I had been looking on Pinterest for Homemade recipes, which are basically chemical free, to clean our home.  I have tried other recipes to clean windows but had not really found one that left the windows shiny and streak free.  This recipe intrigued me since it used essential oils.  I had everything on hand and decided to give it a try!




The door as you can see was quite filmy and frankly dirty.  


The supplies were gathered and everything was mixed together:


The recipe is pretty simple:
  • "...1/8 cup of vinegar
  • 1/8 cup of rubbing alcohol
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
  • 1 cup of distilled water – if you don’t have distilled you can boil water but make sure it is cool before adding it to your bottle.
  • 10 drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil
INSTRUCTIONS:
Add the vinegar, rubbing alcohol, cornstarch, water and essential oil to your spray bottle.
Shake very well before each use. The oil will most likely separate, that is why shaking is important before using.
The author had suggested using an amber bottle.  I did not have one so just used what I had on hands.  When I can I will purchase one.  You can find a link to the article and recipe here..." 
I used paper towels and a microfiber cloth to clean the door windows.  I really must say I am impressed with this new cleaner!  It is a keeper as far as I am concerned!  
I found a spray bottle at Dollar general for $1.00.  It was just a plain ole plastic bottle which is quite functional but not very pretty.  Please see the next post of what I did to make it pretty.  



Definitely made the door brighter and I did not see any streaks when the sun was shining through it!  Thanks for looking and please join in the fun with the links to the following great parties!


1.  Home and Garden Thursday







































No comments: